|Radio Antenna Engineering is a free introductory textbook on radio antennas and their applications. See the editorial for more information....|
|Home Medium-frequency Broadcast Antennas Bibliography|
|Search the VIAS Library | Index|
Bibliography - Medium Frequency Antennas
Author: Edmund A. Laport
1. Andrew, V. J., and A. M. McGregor, Low Cost Wooden Mast; Station WJBC, Electronics, 9:46, May, 1936.
2. Boudoux, P., Current Distribution and Radiation Properties of the Shunt-excited Antenna, Proc. IRE, 28:271, June, 1940.
3. Brown, G. H., Critical Study of the Characteristics of Broadcast Antennas as Affected by Antenna Current Distribution, Proc. IRE, 24:48, January, 1936.
4. Brown, G. H., Directional Antennas, Proc. IRE, 25:78, January, 1937.
5. Brown, G. H., and J. G. Leitch, Fading Characteristics of the Top-loaded WCAU Antenna, Proc. IRE, 25:583, May, 1937.
6. Brown, G. H., R. F. Lewis, and J. Epstein, Ground System as a Factor in Antenna Efficiency, Proc. IRE, 25:753, June, 1937.
7. Brown, G. H., and W. C. Morrison, The RCA Antennalyzer - An Instrument Useful in the Design of Antenna Systems. Proc. IRE, 34:992, December, 1946.
8. Brown, G. H., WTAR Directional Array, Electronics, 11:38 January, 1938.
9. Brown, G. H., Consideration of the Radio Frequency Voltages Encountered by the Insulating Materials of Broadcast Towers, Proc. IRE, 27:566, September, 1939.
10. Brown, G. H., and J. M. Baldwin, Adjusting Unequal Tower Broadcast Arrays, Electronics, 16:118, December, 1943.
11. Chamberlain, A. B., and W. B. Lodge, Broadcast Antenna, Proc. IRE, 24:11, January, 1936.
12. Cox, C. R., Phasing Networks for Broadcast Arrays; Graphical Methods Applied, Electronics, 17:120, June, 1944.
13. Dewitt, J. H., Jr., and A. D. Ring, Significant Radiation from Directional Antennas of Broadcast Stations for Determining Sky-wave Interference at Short Distances, Proc. IRE., 32:668, November, 1944.
14. Duttera, W. S., Directional Antenna Chart, Electronics, February, 1940, p. 33.
15. Duttera, W. S., Design Chart for Phase Shifting and Amplitude Control Networks, Electronics, 15:53, October, 1942.
16. Duttera, W. S., Adjustment of Directional Antennas, Electronics, 16:91, April, 1943.
17. Eckersley, P. P., T. L. Eckersley, and H. L. Kirke, Design of Transmitting Aerials for Broadcasting Stations, /. IEE, 67:507, April, 1929.
18. Eppen, F., and A. Gothe, Uber die schwundvermindernde Antenne des Rundfunksenders Breslau, Elek. Nachr.-Tech., 10(4), 1933.
19. Everest, F. A., and W. S. Pritchard, Horizontal Polar Pattern Calculator for Directional Broadcast Antennas, Proc. IRE, 29:355, June, 1941.
20. FCC Standards of Good Engineering Practice Concerning Standard Broadcast Stations, Federal Communications Commission, Washington, D.C.
21. Feld, J., Radio Antenna Suspended from 1,000 Foot Towers, J. Franklin Inst., 239:363, May, 1945.
22. Fitch, W. A., and W. S. Duttera, Measurement of Broadcast Coverage and Antenna Performance, RCA Rev., 5:396, July, 1938.
23. Gihring, H. E., and G. H. Brown, General Consideration of Tower Antennas for Broadcast Use, Proc, IRE, 23:311, April, 1935.
24. Glas, E. T., Efficiency-rating of Transmitting Aerials for Broadcasting Distribution, Exptl. Wireless, 7:665, December, 1930.
25. Harbich, H., and W. Hahnemann, Wirksame Bekämpfung des Nah-schwundes im Rundfunk durch Dendeantennengebilde bestimmter Form, Elek. Nachr.-Tech., 9(10), October, 1932.
26. Holtz, R. F., Isolation Methods for FM Antennas Mounted on AM Towers, Broadcast News, 44:42, October, 1946.
27. Hutton, W. G., and R. W. Pierce, Mechanical Calculator for Directional Antenna Patterns, Proc. IRE, 30:233, May, 1942.
28. Kear, F. G., Maintaining the Directivity of Antenna Arrays, Proc. IRE, 22:847, July, 1934; 22:1313, November, 1934.
29. Kirby, Samuel S., Radio Field Intensity and Distance Characteristics of a High Vertical Broadcast Antenna, Proc. IRE, 24:859, June, 1936.
30. Kleinwachter, H., Determination of the Radiation Diagrams of Radiator Groups; Directive or Anti-fading Aerial Systems and Acoustic Radiators; an Electro-mechanical Method; abstract, Wireless Engr., 19:576, December, 1942.
31. Labus, J. W., Broadcast Antenna for Low Angle Radiation, Proc. IRE, 23: 935, August, 1935.
32. Laport, E. A., Directional Antenna Design, Electronics, 9:22, April, 1936.
33. Leeman, A., Modified Protective Gap for Transmitting Antennas, Electronics, 16:128, May, 1943.
34. McKinnon, K. A., Experimental Comparison of Shunt- and Series-excitation of a High Uniform Cross-section Vertical Radiator, Can. J. Research, November, 1939, p. 227.
35. McPherson, W. L., Electrical Properties of Aerials for Medium and Long Wave Broadcasting, Elec. Commun., 16:306, April, 1938; 17:44, October, 1938.
36. Morrison, J. F., and P. H. Smith, Shunt-excited Antenna, Proc. IRE, 25:673, June, 1937.
37. Morrison, J. F., Simple Method for Observing Current Amplitude and Phase Relations in Antenna Arrays, Proc. IRE, 25:1310, October, 1937.
38. Morrison, J. F., Simplifying Adjustments of Antenna Arrays, Electronics, January, 1940, p. 70.
39. Prestholdt, Ogden, WABC's New Two-way Antenna, Electronic Inds., 4:88, February, 1945.
40. Roder, H., Elimination of Phase Shifts between the Currents in Two Antennas, Proc. IRE, 22:374, March, 1934.
41. Rountree, J. G., Calculator for Two-element Directive Arrays, Proc. IRE, 32:760, December, 1944.
42. Sinclair, D. B., Impedance Measurements on Broadcast Antennas, Communications (N.Y.), 19:5, July, 1939.
43. Smith, Carl E., Critical Study of Two Broadcast Antennas, Proc. IRE, 24: 1329, October, 1936.
44. Smith, C. E., Directional Antennas, Cleveland Institute of Radio Electronics, Cleveland, Ohio, 1945.
45. Spangenberg, K., Charts for the Determination of the rms Value of Horizontal Radiation Pattern of Two-element Broadcast Arrays, Proc. IRE, 30:237, May, 1942.
46. Taylor, J. P., Cathode-ray Antenna Phasemeter, Electronics, 12:62, April, 1939.
47. Williams, H. P., Machine for Calculating Polar Diagrams, Electronics, 16:196, September, 1943.
48. Doherty, W. H., Operation of AM Broadcast Transmitters into Sharply-tuned Antenna Systems, Proc. IRE, 37:729, July, 1949.
|Home Medium-frequency Broadcast Antennas Bibliography|